Thursday, October 22, 2009

If you are running a flashlight with a Cree emitter, take care and watch out


If you are running a flashlight with a Cree emitter, take care and watch out
I will update this when I have the reports back. I do not want to give the company name out until I hear back from them, hopefully this is a one time freak occurrence.

UPDATE 10/23/09 from older post

I received my light back last week. No note, no explanation or even a "kiss my butt" post it note in the envelope. I did contact the company by land line and was told that the battery I used ( I sent it with the light at their request) was  a "cheap" battery and that I should only use "name" battery's. OK, I will admit that I threw in a CVS brand battery,  that was made by Duracell I believe, but come on, the thing exploded, I mean it blew right the hell up.
Now I am fine with a company protecting itself from lawsuits, but to not even say "sorry it blew up guy, glad you didn't lose an eye" that is just sad, poor customer service in my thinking.
Maybe it's just me, but I would think if you sold something that had the potential to explode like a 22 short, you would give your consumers a little waring about it. I contacted a company that is working with cutting edge flashlight designs and was told by their owner that they had heard of no other explosions like this happening to anyone else.
So, I should start a company testing stuff for consumers, because it seem like if it's going to have a catastrophic failure, I will be the one it happens to.
I am using the replacement light now, but I make sure when it is on the shelve, the cap is loosened all the way.
Only in my world would this happen.

No comments: