Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Trade show footwear

Has anyone found the ultimate footwear for the trade show vendor?
I started out back in the day when everyone wore "business wear" (suits) at the shows.
At that time, a nice pair of Florsheim's were you best choice.
As the years went on I started wearing a more relaxed style of "business tactical" wear.
A friend from the FBI academy showed me a pair of Royal Robbins rock climbing pants and after I bought my first pair I was sold forever. I paired it up with a set of the then popular GSG-9 boots and a embroidered polo and was good to go. Of course those wore out about every 6 months and were not inexpensive boots, but hey, I was cool!
For the past few years I have been ( like many of us) a walking 5.11 ad, so when I had to replace my last pair of my Rainer responders, a super boot by the way, I bought a mid 5.11 zipper boot.
Off to the Chiefs show in New Orleans I went, and proceed to walk more miles than I ever had, even at the last 10 SHOT shows. I was crippled from those boots for almost 3 weeks when I got back to NC. They had a very long break in time, but I have worn then up till a month ago and have only discarded then now because the scuff guards started cracking.
I now have 3 new sets to take up to VA, the Converse, a pair of knock off Converse's and a pair of Oakleys.
Only a two day show, but I have some follow up work to do in Jersey (AHHHHH) I will let you know.
Anyone have any others I should try?
When I find the best, I will buy 6 pairs, that should hold me till I die, or I get out of the gun bizz.

No comments: